Thursday, August 12, 2004

When will "happily ever after" be achieved ?

I've told my friend that i'll start blogging again - and I shall try with to do it in a more consistent manner. However, as soon i started typing two days ago - a grimly event occurred. A sinisterly mortal sin, my brother had accidentally crashed my windows operating system. The laptop had been with me since my very first day in NZ. It contains not only my extensive collection of videos, mp3s, pictures and ebooks... all my previous assgts, thoughts, poems and my extensive contact list of friends are also gone. The loss is immensely disheartening.

Thus, I stopped my blogging then. I tried to think of all the ways possible to get my data back, albeit it became a futile effort on my part. Finally, I resigned to my cursed fate and reinstalled Windows XP Pro. The saddest part was that - the extra partition or virtual drive that I have allocated for my stuff had been breached too. This is because the system required the hard disc to be converted to NTFS format upon re-installation of Windows XP PRo (default was FAT32). The 2 drives had been merged into 1 and all existing data was gone.

Irritatingly, I have been experiencing such dire luck lately - thus I'm not able to be as angry as I probably should. I told my brother off lightly and explaining to him that since he could not take care of my things well, he had just been banned from touching my laptop ever again. Right now, I'm just trying to re-establish my contact numbers, emails, addresses and thinking of the possible people that might have these things and softwares that I need.

And guess what ? As I was writing this, Mohamad msged me on MSN - he said that the car he bought from me need some major repair works. The car failed WOF and required about $400 to go on road legally. After pondering over it, I think - it's better to split the cost than to have an unhappy customer. I paid him immediately through e-banking and thus able to focus on my other pertinent matters at hand. If these things do not get done and over with quickly, it'll eventually be a mental burden on my already heavy cranium.

Magdeline called me whilst I'm messaging Mohamad online and I was chatting with her whilst paying Mohaman through e-banking. She was telling me the usual stuffs, gossips and updates on some celebrities she was fond of. However, I dun think I should include what we spoke on, here - lest she gets mad. It was my day to complain and she was rather sympathetic of my plight. Those things in the laptop were dearer to me than anything else I brought back from NZ. It was like a diary of everything I did there....

Wilson called me whilst I was on the phone with Magdeline. He told me that the bridge game at Sara's place will be on the next day, and that there will be a birthday party for Esther the day after. I'm definitely going for both. I will not be working on both days, and I shall savour every occasion I can have with my friends before I get caught up in our infamous society's rat race. I passed him my new cellphone number. He offered to pass the number on to our friends. That'll be perfect, but I'll post it online soon anyways.

The energy I used to have and radiate upon the people around me is fading. Perhaps it has been like that since my days in NZ. The cornocupia of emotions sets my mind wandering in search of a reason. Has living in laid-back NZ made me less competitive and less inquisitive about life ? I'm still skeptical on the advantages of studying overseas. Although it opened up my eyes on lots of stuff, I'm afraid I might have picked up some undesirable traits there as well.


Diehard TPAC Posted by Hello

Looking at Heiril, Ruth, Anwar, Esther, Wira, Edwin, Raihan, Shir Li, Faisal, Stanley, Ismail and many other friends ceaselessly pursuing their goals - I feel really home. These people whom I spent most of my childhood years and carefree days have put their plans into action. The chess pieces are moving. The era that we've been talking, planning and getting ready for (during our school days) have finally dawned upon us. Watch out world ! I shall make my moves soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger magdeline said...

gRinZ.. you didn't mention that we stayed on the phone for 190min and 49sec. hahaha...

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bro.. i finally view ur blog..
my reaction: Awesome!! i din expect u've entered so many entries already.. and after reading them.. haiz.. ur powerful england really puts myself to shame.. lol.. anyway a food for thought for u - u may want to expore (shld seriously consider) becoming a part-time/freelance journalist.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home