Friday, April 20, 2007

Agreed to agree to disagree

There is a tinge of scepticism as I started to type this. The seat's the same. The room's the same. Even the keyboard, is the same. There's not much thought-provoking quandary, quagmire or predicament that has been bothering me lately. Life's been kind to me.

"So what's the problem ?"

Yes. I can hear your silent musings from here. "Here is a guy that has nearly all he dreamed of, yet he is complaining that he has nothing that has been bothering him. Why should he ? Well, he should not be granted that prerogative, since that guy. Hmm. Somehow, has a family that loves him dearly. Friends whom, somehow. Misses his antics. And somehow. Hmm. Somehow, he had somehow followed his heart by dancing to its beats. And somehow, just somehow. The pieces of the jigsaw is slowly discerning some light to a clearer picture. Somehow, that picture is a bit rosy too. Well, it's again - just somehow, of course."

"So what's the catch ?"

Yes. I can hear that too. "He hasn't changed, this guy. Still sly in his conversations, to catch you unawares of the main points that he really wanted to put across. His silence can be deafening, his words can be confusing and his laughter can be contagious at times. He can be so cocky, yet he's so down to earth. It may be prudent to probably not to take him seriously. But probably it is prudent to. Seriously.

"See ? Now, I'm confused."

Well. That's exactly the point that I want to put across. You see, my dear friend. As you read through the first couple of sentences, your loud refutations began to lose its amplitude. You seem to begin to pick up some doubts along the way. Most things in life looks rosier from another person's perspective. "He's a lucky man. She's a lucky girl." Look again at what I wrote about what I somehow have. If you sit and think, my friend. You too, have it too.

"Do you not have a family that loves you ?"
"Do you not have friends whom asks how you are, who cares for you ?"
"Do you not have a life that's slowly unraveling itself to you ?"


So, there you have it then. You have now lost that priviledge to complain too, right ? Ok. I heard that too. You're saying that it's not the same. Of course it's not. It was never meant to be. But can't you see ? That what you see in others, they see it in you as well. And life's treasures are not those that can be bought. They are in their simplest form. Family. Friends. And the gift of Life.

This is a phrase from Troy.

"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

That phrase does not bring me to the next point. It is your interpretation that does. Some of you may agree with it. Some do not. When you read my fifth paragraph just now, not all of you will agree to what I have said about myself. You have your own perceptions of me. There will be some good ones. And some really nasty ones. Similarly. What you imbued of yourself, may not necessarily what others think of you. But why should you care, anyways ? This is your life. You have no one to answer to, except God and yourself. If you do not believe in God, then it's your conscience that you have to adhere to. You are entitled, to your freedom of will.

This is an excerpt from The Kingdom of Heaven.

A King may move a man, a father may claim a son, but remember that even when those who move you be Kings, or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus." Or that, "Virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

"So that's it ?"

"So we, have to be responsible for our every thought, action and inaction ? Bravo. So you kept me reading this just so we would learn to be thankful for our blessings ? That we have a right to have our own views in life ? And how to live it ? And not to think so much about what others think, except for those that matter ? Please Firdaus, if we are granted those rights to do what we want, think what we want, believe in what we want to, then why are you contradicting yourself and telling us all these things ?"

Well, my friend. This explains the tinge of scepticism I had at the start. If you haven't realised, this is MY blog. And these ramblings, are not meant for you. They are for me. Why ? Can't I talk to myself ? Yes, they are here to remind me to be grateful. To serve as a reminder to remain grateful for those things that I have already been blessed and bestowed with. To embrace life each day as it comes. To take responsibility for my own actions. And you. I didn't ask you to read my blog. What's my point ? Yes. There's no point in making points. And yes. What you want to do with your life, is entirely up to you.

May you live, a fulfilling life. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said before ah mister...u think too much sometimes...eyh wait not juz sometimes..oh yeah and u said that urself...hahaha...go with the flow aight;p

5:26 PM  
Blogger Applebreath said...

What you're telling yourself, is what I tell myself too. Just that I can't put it in words half as good as how you did. *Claps* Thanks Fir, it serves as a good reminder for everyone too. :)

MJ

12:33 PM  
Blogger Caitlyn said...

yawn... I lost my concentration in reading halfway through your post. It's so boring... :รพ

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home